Wish List

Nov 20, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Here's a few ideas on things that could be nice to add... add your ideas here!

Now, on with my idea list. :)

• DS code notator
  • DS compressor/decompressor
  • Paginated DS viewer (reads special lines in the notation as "page breaks" to let you be able to sort DS by "pages")
  • DS-style bot programming system that also accepts C++
  • ...that lets you make your own reusable "DS lines" (Botspeak?) from your own C++ code 
  • A "who-is" command that tells you where someone is (map/dream name), or, if offline, when they were last online.
  • Easy-connect and premade GUI for the bot ("Botcadia"? )
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2009 at 2:55 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM
  • I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • I won't do this because A) DEP would sue me.  B) DEP would sue me. C) All the above.
  • This is something I'd expect a IDE programmer to do themselves.  Its not too hard.
  • C++, no, because C++ has some api that people could do harmful things with.  A DS-like scripting language is top priority ATM.
  • This isn't a C++ project.  It was made in C# and so far I'm keeping it that way to be compatible with Mono.  Mono does not like C++/CLI yet.
  • PounceConnection allows you to do a online check.  If the person is online the name is returned else their name will not be in the return list.  From there a programmer could create their own client to check when the player was last online.  Getting the map/dream name is impossible unless you are in that dream as well, unless DEP updated something I haven't heard about yet.
  • This is not a bot program.  Its a general Furcadia Framework for most projects relating to Furcadia. (Proxy, Bot, Fox Editor)

While writing this I came up with an idea of my own.  A map editor component.  Maybe a Windows.Form control with the basic layout for a map editor.  Shouldn't be too bulky to implement.  Only thing that worries me is how Windows.Form performs on Mono under Wine.  BUT I am going to work on a way to get the Registry without the use of Wine.  I saw the registry format and it wouldn't be too hard to make something to read it.

Getting the path to the .wine folder should be in a Environment variable.

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2011 at 4:34 AM

How about a DS to 7 or 6 instruction code interpeter